Screening of the documentary, REUSE! Because You Can't Recycle The Planet. Also, Derek "Deek" Diedricksen will be giving a talk about building tiny houses with reclaimed materials and his reuse art.
- Tickets with T-Shirt: You will have your choice of any REUSE! T-Shirt at the screening.
- $2 from the price of each ticket will go to EcoRI News
- The event begins at 5pm with our Reuse and Schmooze. The Reuse vendor area will be open, featuring Alex's Reuse Apparel, Deek's reclaimed art, and more to be announced. Also, take a walk around the historic Arcade building which is the oldest indoor shopping mall in the U.S.!
- Deek talk begins at 6pm
- Film begins at 6:45pm (Running Time: 1 hour)
- Followed by a Q&A Session with Director Alex Eaves and a discussion of his new reuse film project with Deek
- The vendor area will be open until 9pm.
- The name you provide will be the name at the door. You will be asked to provide both your name and order number.
- If you are buying multiple tickets, the additional tickets will be listed as your guests.
- Food and Drink will be available for purchase
The Arcade Providence
65 Weybosset St.
Providence, RI 02903
Map & Directions
About The Artist
Derek "Deek" Diedricksen hails from Stoughton, MA. His artwork is created on all sorts of reclaimed materials; everything from scrap lumber to notebook pages he finds in recycling bins to old school desks. Deek actually went to college with our founder, Alex, but they didn't know each other until he stumbled across the STAY VOCAL booth at an event. He also makes a cameo in our film, REUSE! Because You Can't Recycle The Planet.
Deek is also a world renowned tiny house builder and author of numerous books on the subject, including his most recent, "Microshelters: 59 Creative Cabins, Tiny Houses, Tree Houses, and Other Small Structures." Be sure to head over to Deek's site, relaxshacks.com, and check out what he's doing. And trust us, this is surely only our first collaboration.