These bracelets are handmade on demand, so please allow a few extra days to receive your order directly from the artist.
- Artist: Maureen Mullaley AKA Inside My Cranium
- Bracelet Material: Used guitar string. There will be some natural variances in weave pattern.
- Bracelet Color: Various. Colored strings will have color wear due to being played.
- Bracelet Size: Approximately 2 3/4 Inches in diameter.
- Buttons: STAY VOCAL buttons that have been repurposed into jewelry pendants.
- Button Design: Various (See images & selection above).
- Button Size: 1 inch in diameter.
- NOTE: These bracelets should not be worn swimming, showering, washing dishes, etc, as the strings and buttons can rust.
About The Artist
From tattoo artist to yoga instructor, Maureen Mullaley is a woman of many skills. But these days, her primary project is her artwork under the name Inside My Cranium, which is why we've collaborated. She acquires used guitar strings and transforms them into jewelry.
I first Maureen two years ago at my cousin's wedding ceremony and as so many of us do these days, we connected on Facebook. Maureen soon realized that my passion for reuse, so this past fall, she reached out to let me know that she had begun making bracelets out of used guitar strings.
Having seen a lot of broken guitar strings thrown out in my days touring with bands, I loved what she was doing. So, I ran a contest on my Facebook page to give a couple of them away. They got a great response from my community, so I knew there was a collaboration to be had. Well, the universe finally spoke louder in early 2014, when Maureen reached out to me about creating some T-Shirt designs for STAY VOCAL. For now, we're focusing on the bracelets, but time will tell...
To learn more about Maureen and see more of her work, please visit the Inside My Cranium page.